One of the final steps in the search for the truth is ceasing from all forms violence. Ahimsa, which means non-violence, or more accurately: the minimization of violence is necessary for obtaining enlightenment and a "Christ-like" character. Death and life cannot occupy the same space; you may either have one, or have the other. Those who are undertaking any study, be it religious, spiritual, philosophical, or any other field of the humanities that deal in the realm of morals and principles (anyone for that matter, but especially these) must cease from violence in order for their practice to be true. Do you think that you can be spiritual if you consume death? Do you think that you can be an enlightened "being of love" if you consume death? Of course not! Death is associated with the negative, and the truth seeker must align with the positive (unless they are seeking the negative). I say this because I know that all things are energy, and just as in everything, this universe contains positive and negative energy. The negative energy of consuming death will literally become the one who eats it (you are what you eat). This is the nature of the transmutation of energy. This in essence lowers the levels of light which one can possess, and allows more darkness to come into the form. Liberation, enlightenment, spiritual fulfillment, and world peace will not come until all beings are loved and respected. What do we think God is waiting on? Perhaps he/she is waiting on us! If one is expecting a redemption or liberation for only human beings, that one is waiting in vain. Even the misunderstood and misinterpreted Holy Bible declares that all creatures receive salvation: "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" Revelation 5:13. No God, no true God will stand for violence of any kind. It was not the creator’s intention that suffering and death be part of this world; that is all part of our doing. Therefore, it is our job to undo it. If we are not to be in a peaceable state, as we were before our rebellion, then what is it that we are redeemed unto? Of course we are restored to our original state, as state in which no being died, and all beings live in harmony. This was the original state of the human being, and this is the destiny of the planetary family; namely universal peace. I speak not of the mythos of the past only, nor only of the logos of our present age, but of a synthesis of mythos and logos, which will merge the past with the future and restore us to the original state carrying with us all of the knowledge we have acquired to date. This is the destiny of the cosmos. I urge you, those who are awake and aware, open your hearts. If there is light within them it will respond to the call to a peaceful existence, inasmuch as we may bring heaven to earth, for the savior said: "your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10. Again, it is the will of God that peace will be on earth. It is only through ignorance and deceit that people have misinterpreted the eternal message of our Lord throughout the ages. Evil men deceived innocent people for political gain, instilling doctrines and dogmas to control the minds of their converts. It is time to awaken from this stupor, for as the prophet Daniel was told: "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." Daniel 12:4. We have turned our backs to righteousness, and barely remember that it exists and how to define it. Righteousness is love; as is the meaning of all worthy words, goals, aims, and pursuits. We are not to be satisfied with evil, but we are to actively suppress it. I plead with the people of logos to listen, heed the call, love the good, and take no part in wickedness: "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Ephesians 5:11, and this is precisely what I intend to do.

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the awesome post Gerett with Biblical references. Love the Bible and it's teachings!

"your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." - used to say this everyday at school as part of the Lord's Prayer!!

It's such a simple and wonderful prayer, which even transcends all religions :) Hope all people say this everyday!

Your hearts are pure and I am not here to challenge. I would like to make a correction, and that is that non-violence is the FIRST step towards spiritual enlightenment. Ahimsa is the 1st of the ten "Yoga Commandments," or the 1st two limbs of Yoga. In order they are as follows: Yamas: non-violence, truth, non-stealing, chastity, non-covetousness. The Niyamas: cleanliness, contentment, performance of austerities, study of self and scripture and devotion to God. The method of Vedic argument and logic was step-wise and progressive, each building upon that which came before. Sri. T. Krishnamacharya, one the the 20th Century's greatest yogis and teacher-of-teachers describes the order or presentation as being from the external relationship to a very intense and refined state of introspection. He defines Ahimsa as "Consideration for all living things, especially those who are innocent, in difficulty, or worse off than we are. My understanding of this is that when one lives the principle of non-violence, truth becomes manifest. It reminds me of when I was a child and we were always told to never put your hands on another person. I'd like to see modern parenting extend this to ALL living creatures...this would truly be revolutionary.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2021   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service