Is smoking weed wrong? Because- it's not quite nourishment- but for some people they feel it is medical relief. What about for smoking for pleasure? Just curious, lol. Then again, if using weed to smoke is wrong, because we should value plant life, does that mean we should restrict how much we eat everyday to be sure we're not eating too many plants?

I'm not making an argument for either side, this is just a survey. Do you smoke weed? Have you ever? Would you ever?

Views: 6840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Illegal drugs aren´t cool, sitting around stoned isn´t cool, not knowing where you are or what you´re doing isn´t cool, working hard, being aware of your surroundings and being a good person, that´s cool..and yes he was a moron, but drugs didn´t help. I´ve been a veggie for a long time and yes when I was 18 I smoked some weed but never saw the fun in it, therefore never bothered again. The only time I condone the use of cannabis is for medicinal reasons, as I can see that for some illnesses it can be a relief, but just for a high (or low) I don´t see the point, I prefer to live clean, healthy and yes I do have the odd glass of red wine and no I´m not a health freak, I just like to take care of my body!

so tobacco isn´t a drug? alcohol isn´t a drug? by your reasoning they aren´t drugs when we all know they are, just because you don´t do it any more doesn´t make it any less a drug!

Mother Earth & God created Marijuana!!! Human Beings Created Drugs & Alcohol now pick what is what!!! 

Marijuana isn'ta  drug? Where are you kids being educated these days?

Jeanette and Sarah...to discuss or argue with either one of you would be a waste of time. You should both try not to be so condescending to people who have other views. Rather you should try to learn from them. Its obvious that both of you are not very filled in with modern times.

Briefly, tobacco, alchohol and marijuana all have medicinal benefits. They can also all be abused, but so can water. The illegality of marijuana has more to do with competition with the oil and paper industries than with the abuse aspect of marijuana. Tobacco and alcohol are useful to make people work like slaves which is why the government allows us those far worse intoxications. Marijuana allows people to think freely which is what the government does not want.

If you go to a country where marijuana is legal or not regulated...you will find very little abuse going on. You obviously have not travelled or experienced life very much. Have a nice life being a drone.

When someone claims weed is not a drug it is pretty difficult to take the rest of their post seriously. Whether or not it is a 'drug' isn't an opinion. It is a drug. If you want an opinion, make it informed and have education on your side, not conspiracy theories.

it is actually an opinion...but only because there are too many uninformed people trying to say its a drug. yes education is important, so why don't you actually make an educated assessment rather than acting like you lack an education?

if I spent the time gathering scientific facts and figures it would be a waste of time. most normal anti pot users are able to admit that their is scientific backing for the benefits of marijuana use but you just post troll like opinions and refer to conspiracy. you behave sort of like a meat eater who tells vegetarians that they are not eating properly.

so I suggest you use google and get some information. nobody in their right mind would want to spend time to debate the obvious with you.

Caffeine, Alcohol, and marijuana are drugs, fact.
You can be an advocate in anything you want, but make yourself accept very simple scientific facts. Otherwise, I'm afraid, you will be the one sounding  like a meat eater. 

In fact, smoking marijuana has more risks to your health than smoking tobacco does.  Marijuana actually does have negative consequences. Which is why I believe in its use under medical supervision, not for entertainment purposes. One of the biggest myths I have heard is that marijuana is good to calm people down, yet science proves it causes people anxiety down the road.

Nobody said there are no positive benefits, but to ignore the package as whole is completely wrong, and to say it is not a drug is ignorance. It completely impairs driving and anyone driving while high from marijuana is absolutely irresponsible.

Just like a meat eater, you refuse to look at both sides, you refuse to acknowledge the basic facts, you justify it defensively because you want to continue without thought.
Go ahead, no person here is stopping you. But don't tell me a fish is a bird. There are limits to what 'opinions' actually make sense.

I know that caffeine has negative and positive effects. I know that it gives a low. I know it damages teeth, it is addictive, it increases anxiety, disturbs sleep, causes stomach problems, and damages development in fetus/ infants etc.. etc etc... It is a drug. I understand people don't call coffee drinkers drug addicts. It is too ingrained in their culture. I understand that you don't want to be called a drug addict, but please  don't tell me that the definition of 'drug' has changed. It hasn't. 

When someone says a simple fact, accept it.   Comparing me to a meat eater because I present you with facts , really should make you look in the mirror...The roles are clearly reversed in this scenario.

Again, nobody said that marijuana doesn't have benefits. It can fight cancer under supervision and care,however,  because it also has cancer causing substances, it shouldn't be played with as though it can't do harm. And honestly, scientific evidence is never a waste of time. Learning is never a waste of time. I have a degree in psychology, where I studied this drug and the brain I can honestly tell you it can and does cause damage. Some more than others. If you want to do it, go ahead, just don't drive- that's the only way it effects other people..otherwise, i don't care.

Sarah...first off I want to say, that in a civilized discussion, people debate by quoting what the other party said and the replying. You responded to nothing of what I said, which is why I am hesitant to offer you any research links to prove that marijuana is not the drug you think it is. Marijuana is actually a plant, with flowers and leaves, and roots which survives like other plants, giving oxygen to us all (and a damn lot of it) as well as nitrogen to the ground (much more than tobacco which depletes the ground of nitrogen).

Drugs are things like cocaine and heroin which have been formulated by some process of extraction and isolated to produce an effect on the body, much like "drugs" like tylenol and other pharmaceuticals. In fact, most illegal drugs started out as prescription drugs and after found to be overly addictive, were banned.

Marijuana is a plant which as some psychoactive properties but do not cause any physical addiction to the body. The world has been growing marijuana for ages and ages and thrived on its growth for use as a fiber as well as a medicine, including the United States in early America. (oh do bad they didn't have your fantastic logic back then, otherwise they would have been ahead of the game).

Its a facf that the industries who banned the use of marijuana were oil and paper mill companies. That is not conspiracy, its American History. Maybe you should learn some? Or are you Canadian or something? Further than this, until you can produce some well researched "facts" I won't bother giving you links because this is all common knowledge which you can google. Talking to people like you is like talking to a brick wall, so I won't give any more energy than what I can do off the cuff until you prove worthy of a discussion.

Regarding your points:

Caffeine, Alcohol, and marijuana are drugs, fact.

actually, caffeine is a drug or more specifically a stimulant which is found naturally in coffee beans and has both good and bad effects, like most drugs.

alcohol is a molecular structure which causes inebriation. its not a drug, but its also not very good for health in high doses.

marijuana is a plant with some psychoactive properties, most of which are good for the majority of people in moderation.

In fact, smoking marijuana has more risks to your health than smoking tobacco does.

Completely wrong. Tobacco causes cancer and marijuana does not.

Nobody said there are no positive benefits,

exactly, so if there are positive benefits, then there is  no reason to demonize it.

Just like a meat eater, you refuse to look at both sides,

actually, I know full well that too much marijuana is not beneficial, just like too much water will kill you. you are the one that won't admit to the positive aspects of marijuana but instead want to label it a drug.

I know that caffeine has negative and positive effects. I know that it gives a low. I know it damages teeth, it is addictive, it increases anxiety, disturbs sleep, causes stomach problems, and damages development in fetus/ infants etc.. etc etc... It is a drug.

bravo...do you want a prize for your groundbreaking research?

Comparing me to a meat eater because I present you with facts , really should make you look in the mirror...

still no facts on the table to date and you haven't refuted any of my points directly, showing that you have no ground to stand on.

Again, nobody said that marijuana doesn't have benefits. It can fight cancer under supervision and care,however,  because it also has cancer causing substances,

does not cause cancer...sorry. it sounds like you are a reefer madness conspiracy theorist. how old are you? are you like 60 or something?

I have a degree in psychology, where I studied this drug and the brain I can honestly tell you it can and does cause damage.

plenty of degree holders will say differently. I think you need to buy a new cracker jack box and try to win yourself a new degree.

i don't care.

that is exactly the problem with you.

were did you study!! & with whose knowledge & experience Degree holders look what they have done to the planet & human beings nice degrees !!! keep the fantastic & amazing destruction of human race !!!! 

Having a difference in view points does not make someone a troll. If this were a 'pro' marijuana forum, you may have a point. A little like a meat eater joining a vegetarian board to talk about meat, that would be wrong. But this is neutral ground and fortunately people should be allowed to have a difference in opinion. 
Having a background in this field my educated opinion is supported by more than just google. I have a right to an opinion as does every one else.

I'm unsure how you came to your conclusion (troll and not vegetarian) considering my profile page is open with not only my own facebook page but to the fact that I am an author with books out. It would be hard to lie to you with all that out in the open. :)

Asa  vegetarian I foster animals and volunteer for animal rescues. I wrote my fiction book 'True Form' to inspire people to adopt black cats while also discussing the vegetarian lifestyle. I promote animal rights heavily and find it absurd to be accused of the contrary. You need only  click my profile page to know who I am.
I welcome any person who is vegetarian to add me as a friend. I always welcome like minds when it comes to animals. As for marijuana, I don't support the recreational use of it. I do believe it needs a controlled approach. That's just my opinion.

Thank you , Sarah .What a very well rounded and intellect opinion. We do need to see that everyone has different opinions and views. I do think myself , it's a test of our true character in how we handle people who challenge us , and how much we respect each other ,in handling of others who are opposite of who we are. It shows what we really have inside of our hearts.I look forward to seeing you debating more subjects in Vegfriend board.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2021   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service