Hi, how long have you all been vegetarian? And why do you choose to be vegetarian?

Please share your vegetarian experience with us!

Views: 12878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi:) I've been vegetarian for almost 2 years. What made my decision to change was because of a project I did in high school. We were supposed to write an essay about anything that we believed in. So I decided to write about animal cruelty; which lead to me watching the Meet Your Meat video. I couldn't even watch the whole video. It was so sick. And to make matters worse, my favorite animal is a cow, and has been for about 3-4 years. So I couldn't have my favorite animal be a cow, and still eat meat. So I decided to change on March 31, 2010. It's been difficult at times. I still have a few cravings, but I think of all that I'm doing by protesting. I want to continue to be one for a very long time, if not the rest of my life. :)

~Bianca

I have been a vegetarian for six months now and I've never felt better.I've always been an animal lover. They are all just to cute to eat.

Hi there! I have been vegetarian for 3 1/2 years. I never liked meat and it gave me headaches to eat red meat in particular so I cut that out. I continued to eat chicken and fish until I saw chickens being slaughtered right in front of my eyes. It was so heart breaking I decided I no longer wanted to be a part of this act. I continued to eat seafood up until about a year ago and will very rarely eat it now but it has been months since I have. I would someday love to go vegan all together but am taking slow steps :) having a hard time finding an egg white replacer for my breakfast scramble. If anyone has any ideas I would much appreciate it :) 
Tofu makes a good scramble. Add Himalayan salt and it tastes just like eggs! Congratulations and continued success. Namaste.

Even before I was born! My mum is a vegetarian before she was pregnant with me(:

Why?
Well, people are supposed to be vegetarians to begin with, no? :D

Vegetarian BEFORE birth! That is awesome - I am jealous as I have been vegetarian for 20 years and I am 50 now. I believe omission of meat is good for health and longevity.

its been 4 month,because vegetarian is very healty

Hi,

I've been vegan for 6 months going on 7. Watched half of Meet Your Meat, cried my eyes out and immediately went vegan. No regrets. I absolutely love animals and cannot bare what the world is putting them through., I will not be a part of it any longer. Being vegan, has certainly opened my eyes.

(^^,)

Hello everyone! When i was 13 years old I was eating a slice of pepperoni pizza while reading a philosophy book. I came across a quote that would change my life forever. " For the sake of a mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and the life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy"-Plutard.. I spit out my pizza and haven't touched any meat products in 20 years. I have 2 beautiful, happy, healthy vegetarian children who share my passion and love for animals! A site like this helps to restore my faith in humanity! :) 

Absolutely love that quote! Thank you!

I have been a vegetarian for about 11 years. I always loved veggies but also loved meat and fish. Then both of my parents had to have triple bypasses and then my mother had a stroke. I decided my genetic history wasn't very rosy, so I abandoned meat and have not looked back. My significant other is also vegetarian and we grow a garden in the summer and then can and freeze a lot of it. Our goal is to get away completely from anything caned, boxed or processed in anyway. Whole foods, real foods, is the way to go. It has been a battle, learning to do without a lot of things that make life easy like ketchup,  chili sauce, salad dressings, etc. If I cannot make it, I do without. So, does anyone out there have a sweet chili sauce recipie I can use!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,I am over 1 and a half year vegetarian and now about 3 months vegan. It is really exciting for me to deal with the products and materials.And i have even started to enjoy the cooking, what i`ve never done before ;)  I `ve  decided to go vegan, because i love animals and i `ve dealt with the topic and  informs about backgrounds and so on .And I was no longer satisfied and happy with it.So it was easy for me to made the following step and  go vegan ! My reasons are ethical and i think it is healthier for me and the environment! Now i feel so much better an i am happy with it:). And it`s so exited to learn from time to time new things ;)!

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2021   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service